One of my favorite things during the warm months is ice cream. Seriously, who doesn’t love ice cream? This weekend the husband and I took a break from working on our guest room and headed out to get popsicles. Not just any popsicles; gourmet ice cream popsicles with pieces of cookie inside.
We have been living about 15 minutes away for nearly 2 years and I had been dying to check this place out. We headed over to a shop called Steel City Pops (you can check out their website here) and bought a bunch of different flavored popsicles. They are a chain with a location in Decatur, Georgia.
It was fun. They have a cute location with call out signs to use for selfies. I couldn’t help but to partake.
We tried a bunch of their pops. My favorite was the strawberry shortcake. It included little pieces of graham crackers with strawberry ice cream. It was great because it was creamy and crunchy at the same time.
STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE POPSICLE
Love popsicles but don’t live near a gourmet popsicle shop? You can make your own. Check out this strawberry milkshake popsicle recipe. It is perfect for warm days. I hope you love it!
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 3/4 cup organic rice milk
- 1/4 organic coconut milk
- in a blender, combine strawberries, sugar, rice milk and coconut milk.
- Blend on the lowest setting just until combined with small pieces of strawberries still visible, approximately 5 to 10 seconds
- Divide mixture between popsicle molds add popsicle sticks and freeze 8 hours.